Are you looking to get rid of those pesky Bingo wings? But haven’t got any weights to do so? Are you wanting to workout from the comfort of your own home? Don’t worry, we’re going to explain how to get rid of those bingo wings without weights!
No weights, No problem…Bodyweight exercises!
A great exercise for bingo wings without weights is without doubt press-ups. These are also one of the best exercises to tone your arms. Not only will press-ups hit the main muscle were targeting (the tricep which is the muscle underneath the bingo wing) they will help burn calories and increase your overall strength in particular in the upper arms.
When it comes to getting rid of bingo wings for good, the best strategy should always be based on your diet. Losing body fat through a calorie-restricted diet will tone the body and create the look of a toned upper arm. Weight loss is by far the quickest method to tone the arms and your bingo wings. However, having a structured exercise regime in place 2 or 3 times a week will certainly speed up your results.
In this article were going to explain exactly how to target the bingo wings with body weight exercises and break it down into an easy-to-follow step-by-step guide!…
How to do press-ups for bingo wings?
- Lay facing the floor ina typical push-up position. Palms facing the floor. Your hands should be shoulder apart. (Try to keep your core night and strong and tight, your body should be in a straight line)
- Slowly lower your body to the flooring so your chest is as close to the floor as possible.
- Pause briefly at the bottom before pressing your body back up up to the starting position. Try to create a middle muscle connection between the tricep muscle of the arm as this is the muscle we’re aiming to target.
- Repeat 10-12 times (repetitions)
- After completing your 10-12 reps, sit down for a minute or until your heart rate drops and you feel fully record.
- Repeat steps 1-4 for 3-5 sets. (10-12 reps 3 to 5 times with a minutes rest in between)
How to do an easier variant (beginners exercise for bingo wings)
A good exercise for a beginner would be to copy the typical push up mentioned above but place the knees on the floor. Having your knees on the floor will lessen the overall weight you have to push up making the exercise easier to complete. Placing the knees on the floor will still hit the upper body muscles in particular the upper arm and over time we will be able to progress into the regular push-ups once our strength builds up.
Narrow Grip Push Ups (Really target the upper arm)
)Similar to the regular push up mentioned above but with a few subtle differences. This is one of the best exercises for bingo wings! This press up variant will place significantly more stress on the tricep part of the arm and remove stress from the chest, as such the exercise suddenly feels a lot harder!
- Get into the regular push-up position but this time places your hands slightly narrower, even narrower than shoulder-width apart, so there is only a 20-30cm gap between your hands.
- Try to keep the hands as close together as possible and perform a regular push-up.
- Remember to keep your back nice and straight and core tight.
Why do we recommend 10-12 reps for push-ups?
The number of reputations you do will determine the reaction by the human body. Typically performing 3-5 reps is known as a strength-based exercise, heavier weights and lower reps will strengthen the muscles and the nervous system. Aiming for 15+ reps will elicit a muscular endurance response. Based on a number of studies the optimal range for muscular hypertrophy (toning), is 10-12, this rep range will stress the muscle enough so that the fibers break down and grow back stronger. However, if you cant reach 10 reps, not to worry just perform lower reps you will still get a great response, just try to build up to the higher reps.
What causes bingo wings?
Bingo wings are essentially fatty deposits behind the arm. We can’t change where your body decided to store its fat. For this reason, the best way to get rid of bingo wings is certainly a calorie-restricted diet, however, an exercise regime consisting of exercises that target the upper body and particularly the triceps will enhance this. Storing fat on the back of the arms is particularly common in women especially as we get older.
How Long Does It Take To Get Rid Of Bingo Wings?
The length of time it takes to get rid of your back wings or bingo wings completely depends on how much body fat you have to lose behind your arm. Your can read more about the how long it takes to get rid of bat wings here.
Is it possible to get rid of bingo wings through exercise?
Yes, of course! Exercise is a great way to build muscle and even burn calories, to enhance the appearance of the arms. Your diet will play a huge part! We recommend following the exercises in this guide along with a structured exercise regime that targets the arms and fat loss in general. Wether your a man or a women, the strategy is the same!
What other exercises for bingo wings can I do when we don’t have weights!
Although building up the upper arms with press-ups is a great option, there are a few alternatives that hit the upper body just as good, and even some surprising exercises you wouldn’t have thought of!…
Tricep Dips (using our bodyweight for resistance!)
Facing forward with your back towards the object. Place your hands on the edge of a surface such as a table, chair, or even your sofa, bend your elbows, and lower your body down before pushing yourself back up. This exercise will work the arms, mainly the tricep muscle as well as the chest.
Running (Great for burning calories)
Believe it or not, running is actually one of the best exercises you can do to help get rid of those bingo wings. Although running target the upper arms directly, running helps burn fat. When we think about what bingo wings actually are, they are fatty deposits on the back of our arms. In order to reduce the size of the bingo wings, we need to participate in a fat loss style diet. Running or jogging at a brisk pace is one of the most efficient ways to burn calories. Running is mainly used to contribute to the fat-burning effect that a calorie-restricted diet will achieve.
Skipping (Works the arms and burns calories!)
Skipping is a great way to burn calories without using ant weights. You can skip from your garden or even inside your home if you have enough space. Grab a cheap skipping rope from amazon for less than $6. Skipping will raise the heart rate and is similar to running in the sense that it will help you burn calories and lose fat whilst helping to reduce the size of your bingo wing. Skipping is also a great exercise for targetting the muscles in the wrists, shoulders, and legs.
To make sure you have the correct length, stand on the middle of your skipping rope, the handles should reach roughly your armpits.
- Start to skip, jump the ropes every time it passes by, try to get into a rhythm.
- Skip for 2 mins
- Rest for 1 minute
- Start skipping again, repeat steps 1 to 3.
- Preform 3-5 reps of steps 1 to 4.
Skipping for 2 mins 3-5 times should help you burn 300-500 calories. That’s the equivalent of 2 chocolate bars or a big mac burger!
Diet to get rid of bingo wings (Reduce your calories)
Reducing calories is the only way to lose weight and reduce fat across the body, this will also reduce the size of your bingo wings. We cannot spot target fat loss all we can do reduce the amount of fat across our body as a whole. This is the easiest way to create the look of a lead body, fat loss is often confused with toning’ Because toning is essentially fat loss. Follow the steps below to reduce your calories and tone those arms…
- Work out your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure). In truth no one burns the same amount of calories every day, therefore we need to use a calculator to try and accurately estimate the number of calories we burn each day, this is known as our maintenance. You can use a calculator like the one here, https://tdeecalculator.net/
- Once we know the number of calories, we burn each day we can reduce this amount by 10-20% to give us a calorie deficit, as long as we hit this number each day and don’t go above it, our body will naturally lose weight and fat, in turn, we will lose fat from our bingo wings. You can use an app like myfitnesspal to make calorie tracking extremely easy! The app will even work out your calories for you!
- Keeping your bodyfat and bodyweight lower and maintaining a healthy lifestyle is the easiest way to get rid of those bingo wings for good!
If, however, your weight doesn’t shift, then decrease the number by another 5% and consume this new number of calories for another week. Keep using this approach until you meet your target.
- Average calories eaten per day = 1624
- 1624 x 0.95 = 1542.8
As your total body weight/levels of body fat come down, you should see that your upper arms start to lean out. If you dont notice your weight dropping after 2-3 weeks then you should further reduce your calories.
Can flabby arms be toned without surgery?
Yes, 100%. In fact, you don’t need surgery at all. To tone your flabby arms you need a calorie-restricted diet (fat loss) along with an exercise regime that targets the muscles in the upper arm, mainly the tricep. Exercises for bingo wings can be done with kettlebells, Dumbells, machines in the gym, or even bodyweight.
If you have a pair of kettlebells handy you can check out our guide to the best exercise for bingo wings with kettlebells.
The Best Exercise for a woman trying to get rid of bingo wings?
Bingo wings are more common in women (this is just biology). However, first off, you must understand that there are no specific exercises that you can do which will eliminate fat from your upper arm. There are plenty of exercises that you can do to add shape and tone. The strategy for targeting them remains the same. Reduce fat, and work the arms and tricep muscle!
The most important factor for losing your bingo wings (the best way to do it)
You’ll probably know from reading my articles that it takes time to get in shape. Yes, you’ll see lots of people who have lost loads of weight in 8 or 12 weeks, but in all honesty, the majority of people take a lot longer than this, you need to focus on being consistent with both your diet and your arm exercises
Give yourself time for your body to adapt, but more importantly, learn to enjoy the process. I’ve trained hundreds of women and one of the main things I see the change once they begin weight training (other than their body) is that they acquire a genuine love for the exercise.